- Family fun. My dad and stepmom have visited a few times and I love to see them with Babyface. Also, they have grandparent privilege so if all his meals with them include french fries and ice cream followed by Mickey Mouse, so be it. My sister came from Denver to DC for the first time since Babyface was born. She spent a blazing hot Sunday with us at a town festival and she gamely took Babyface on some of the sketchy carnival rides. Then we both took a half day off during the week and went to a museum, saw a movie, and had dinner. One of my favorite cousins was in town and we spent a perfect summer evening at the pool with her family.
My family traveled to Colorado and stayed with my dad and stepmom. My
brother, his girlfriend, and his daughter were there too. It was the
first time all the cousins had all been together and they had a blast.
- Just let me finish this chapter... I joined two book clubs that meet monthly. I've read some great books, like Euphoria, The Magician's Lie, and The Nightingale, none of which I would have picked up on my own. We've also gone to author readings. For my birthday My Heart's Desire gave me a gift subscription to the Book of the Month Club and I really enjoy it! Of course, this is on top of all of the reading that I do for fun.
best feminist magic book of the year!
- Furiously writing. I've been doing some writing and submitting, mostly in the early morning. And I'm taking an online writing class, my first. It's definitely different than taking a class IRL but it's getting me in the creative habit, which I love.
- More crocking. I bet you saw this one coming! I love to slow cook year-round. My favorite slow cooker cookbooks are Art of the Slow Cooker and 300 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Dinners that are Ready When You Are.
- Happy fall, y'all! This fall has been chock-full of activities. We went to a farm fall festival, apple picking, a fall festival at Babyface's school, trick-or-treating, a Halloween community event, as well as a haunted house, and a Halloween event at church. We also made a kind of Waldorf-inspired nature table with found leaves, acorns, a pine cone and little pumpkin.
|we made applesauce and apple crisp|
This post includes affiliate links.