Friday, August 31, 2012

Late Summer Books

 The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
My coworker recommended this book to me and I got it from the library on CD.  I listened to it and found myself fond of the flawed and relatable characters and driving slow.  I really liked the story once it got going but it could have started in the middle.

Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
I took another recommendation from the same coworker and I listened to a library copy on CD.  I liked it but I didn't love it.  The Kelleher family certainly has cornered the market on family guilt and obligation with a side of serious drinking.

Ali in Wonderland by Ali Wentworth and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?(And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
I like laughing so I got these books from the library.  They were both fast, funny reads.  I don't watch the show Kaling's on but I still thought it was funny.  Actually, the same coworker recommended that book also.  I might be in a book club of two.

Four of a Kind by Valerie Frankel 
A light and fluffy book that would be good to toss in your beach bag.  I enjoyed her nonfiction book Thin is the New Happy so much that I wanted to pick this up too.  A library book for sure.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I don't really read thrillers very much but I really liked this one.  I bought it for my Kindle and could hardly put it down.  The less you know about the story, the better. Just pick it up and read.

No comments: