Friday, March 5, 2010

Feet, don’t fail me now!

I signed up for the Earth Day 5K next month!

Late last year I started running with the Galloway method (run/walk) and this will be the first race I’ll participate in where I run, jog, and walk instead of just walk. In January I bought new running shoes and I’m ready to train!

The first 5K I ever participated in was a challenge for me and I walked the entire thing. It actually was measured wrong, 5 miles instead of 5K (3.1 miles), so I was exhausted afterwards but proud. And I came in second… to last. So any 5K that I participate in now I am bound to do better.

I made another Green Monster this morning, with a little more spinach than yesterday's. You can see I wasn't kidding about the green!

And look what I found last night at Bed, Bath & Beyond, an insulated cold cup with a locking lid (very important for me, lest I spill one morning while in tremendous hurry). Plus it's dishwasher safe (uses less water than pesky hand washing) and reusable, perfect!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Amina,

When and where is the 5K? Do you want to do it together? I am pretty out of shape about running (can only walk/kinda jog quickly), but I am looking for motivation. If you want company or someone to share the training process with, I'm your woman!

Karla

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

The 5K is in Silver Spring on 4/18 and I just did my first long training (3 miles) on Saturday! It felt great! I'll email you about the details :)