Friday, June 6, 2008

One awesome book, another not awesome at all

First, the awesome. House of Sand And Fog. It's not a new book, but I hadn't read it before. Why? Honestly, because it was one of Oprah's picks and most of her picks I really, really do not like. I got this copy on the cheap and just tore into it. It was beautifully written, touching, and I could hardly put it down, reading it in two sittings. I even cried during one part. I had seen the movie ages ago, but the book was not just more but incredible. Definitely worth reading!

Breaking News! V.C. Andrews has been robbed! I finished Shoot the Moon yesterday and can't believe I was able to stomach the whole thing. A predictable, trite plot, complete with flat characters and a familial romance straight out of a V.C. Andrews novel. The nicest thing I can say about it is: Yiich.

Next on the list: Smart Girls Like Me by Diane Vadino.

No comments: